Habiganj is the land where lies Hazarat Shah Syed Nasiruddin (R), the companion and the Sipahsalar of Hazarat Shah Jalal (R) the great saint of Muslim History. In 1971 during the war of independence all papers relating to the foundation of our Bar Association lost from the custody and therefore it is not possible to say when our Bar was established. But so far it is reported by our seniors and predecessors that they have compelled to face charter 1726 and 1753, Privy Council Act 1781, Legislature of 1834 and 1853, The Indian Council Act 1861, Act of 1872 and Act X of 1861. The prevailing judicial system comes from the Act X of 1861. Appointment of District Judge, Sub-ordinate Judge and Munsiff was incorporated in this Act. At that time legal practitioners engaged themselves in the title of pleader, vokil, Mukthar, Advocate etc. Habiganj was established as a Thana (Police Precinct) in 1790 under Dhaka District until 1896 Habiganj Administrative center was at Lashkarpur and the Court was functioning there, so the place was called Court Andor. On 7th April 1893 according to the notification No. 273 of Asam Provincial Government Habiganj Thana (Administrative Unit) was established. So it is presumed that Habiganj Bar Association established at that time. In 1984 Habiganj was established as a District and then Habiganj Ainjibi Samity was named as Habiganj District Bar Association and its new constitution was constituted. In that time Habiganj was declared as Sessions Division comprising territorial jurisdiction of Habiganj district and Mr. Md. Abdul Matin Khan and Mr. Md. Abdul Huq was appointed as the first Public Prosecutor (PP) and Government pleader (GP) respectively. Our predecessors actively participated in our liberation war. Amongst them Mr. Mustafa Ali, Mr. Afsar Ahmed, Mr.Enamul Houque Mustafa Shahid, Mr. Chowdhury Abdul Hye, Mr. Syed Afroze Bakth, were the member of Muktijuddho Songram Parishad and Mr. Mustafa Ali, Mr. Enamul Huq Mustafa Shahid, Mr. Afsar Ahmed, Mr. Syed Afroze Bakth, Mr. Azizur Rahman Chowdhury and Mr. Abdul Muttalib Chowdhury crossed the boarder and participated in the liberation war. The former Honorable Chief Justice Mr. Justice Syed A.B Mahmood Hussain and Mr. Justice Md. Abdul Hye were the worthy member of this bar Association and as many as members of this bar Association joined the Judicial service who were retired as District and Sessions Judge. They were Mr. Golam Mustafa, Mr. Abdul Ahad Chowdhury, Mr. Azizul Huq, Mr. Rajiur Rahman Chowdhury, Mr. Jalal Uddin Ahmed, Mr. Shah Jamshedur Rahman, Mr. Mutabbir Hussain, Mr. Akhlakur Rahman Chowdhury.Mr. Md. Liakot Hussain Chowdhury joined the Judicial Service and subsequently tendered resignation. Mr. Chowdhury Abdul Hye and Mr. Khurshed Ahmed Kaysar was appointed as Judge but they declined to join with the Judicial Service. The members of this Bar Association also joined with the Administrative Service. Amongst them Mr. Fazlur Rahman Chowdhury retired as Joint Secretary (Divisional Commissioner), Mr. Sheikh Fazle Elahi retired as Deputy Secretary and Mr. Abdur Rahman as Magistrate. The members of this Bar were elected as MLA and MP from time to time. Prior to independence of Bangladesh the worthy member of this Bar Khan Shaheb Nurul Hossain Khan and Mr. Muhammad Abdullah were the MLA (Member of Legislative Assembly) Asam in British India. Mr. Abdur Rahman Mukthar was the Deputy Chief Whip of the Asam Legislative Assembly. Mr. Md. Abdul Bari was the MPA and parliamentary secretary of the provincial Assembly. In 1970 Mr Mustafa Ali was elected as member of the National Assembly of Pakistan. Subsequently Mr. Enamul Huq Mustafa Shahid,Mr.Md janab Ali, Mr. Chowdhury Abdul Hye, Mr. Md. Abdul Musabbir , Mr.Md.Sharif Uddin Ahmed, Mr. Md. Atik Ullah. was elected as Member of Parliament. Presently Mr. Md Abu Zahir and Mr. Md. Abdul Mazid Khan are the members of Parliament and they are also members of parliamentary standing committee in two ministries. At present Habiganj District Bar Association consists of 530 members and its executive committee is consists of 14 members and a good and remarkable relations exists in between the Bar and Bench. This website is installed by the executive committee (1421 BS) headed by Mr. Chowdhury Ashraful Bari Numan and Mr. Monzur Uddin Ahmed Shahin, the President and the General Secretary of this Bar Association respectively with endless co-operation of Mr. Dewan Zakir Hossain Md. Zakaria, the Library Secretary of the committee.